Working closely with the UK Head of Process and the wider team, this opportunity will be one of technical delivery and engineering.
Multiple UK based locations can be considered for the post holder.
It will involve coordination with other engineering disciplines and completion within project timelines, quality requirements and budget to meet our client expectations. You will also be client facing focused, requiring the ability to interact effectively with key stakeholders, customers and third party suppliers.
- Proactive coordination and communication of process project data within and outside of the project team, to ensure the correct quality of output achieved in the correct timeframe.
- The individual will be required to perform calculations, completing datasheets, registers, specifications, preparing design philosophies, reports, studies and P&IDs.
- Planning, management and successful delivery of Process Design scopes of works and deliverables lists.
- Planning and management of process safety activities such as HAZOP, HACCP, ATEX/DSEAR, etc.
- Ensure the process design risk is comprehensively identified, tracked and mitigated.
- Carry out key technical process reviews on projects.
- Input into process architectural design in a GMP-controlled 2D or 3D model design environment.
- Process package management, from specification, through capital cost estimation, procurement, post-order expediting and installation to handover.
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice, being resident on a construction site for periods as required.
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Ensure that all projects comply with applicable local, international and client codes and standards.
- Ensure PM Group’s Change Control procedures are rigorously followed, as related to project process design, including determination of impact on project schedule and cost.
- Be able to identify and implement process related continuous improvement activities to improve product quality and increase overall equipment effectiveness for our clients.
- The role will require flexibility in relation to travel within and outside the UK in office and site locations.
- Degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Process or related Engineering.
- Proven and relevant professional experience in similar function and environment.
- Project and sector experience in pharmaceuticals, biopharma or food.
- Chartered member or working towards chartership of a Professional Engineering Institution, such as IChemE.
- The ability to speak and work with credibility, knowledge and authority is vital
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, trouble-shooting, root cause analysis and risk assessments with a strong attention to detail.
- Awareness of the relationship between process design scope and overall project commercial performance, including ability to undertake value-engineering exercises.
- Self-motivating, self-organising, reliable, with a professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Experience working within the framework of and adhering to an ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Sterile Fill Finish process experience would be an advantage.
- Laboratory design experience would be an advantage.
Cell therapy or Advance Therapeutics Modalities experience would be an advantage
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills including extensive report writing and presentation experience.
- Process design software tools experience is preferred.
- Relevant experience with statistical process control and capability analysis is preferred.
- Second language (French, Spanish or German) would be an advantage.