We have a requirement for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to work on a number of key projects. In this role you'll join a busy department and will be responsible for leading an Electrical Design Team to deliver engineering projects as part of a multi-discipline engineering project team.
To be successful in this position you will have held a role where you be carrying the following activities
- Manage a design team located in various Offices and Locations
- Understand Project Scope Boundary
- Manage Design Change / Development
- Control Design Budget and Resource Plan / Hour Budget
- Develop Project Delivery and Execution Plans
- Contribute to the optimization of digital delivery systems and methods
- Identify improvements and continuously implement more efficient project execution strategies
- Mentor junior / intermediate electrical engineers
- Provide support to fee and capital budget proposals as required.
- Assemble and manage bid, approval, and construction issue electrical packages in an efficient and lean manner.
- Analyse complex engineering problems and offer effective solutions.
- Check other electrical engineers work for accuracy and quality and undertake peer reviews.
- Requires extensive and independent contact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel.
- Attend and participate in client and PM Group meetings.
- Direct and/or participate in project site visits to monitor, review and sign-off electrical installations
- Third Level Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- 10+ years of formal experience in heavy industrial engineering design.
- Chartered or working towards same.
- Demonstrable advanced experience in the complete suite of electrical engineering design services. This include (but is not limited to) MV and LV power distribution, generators, UPS systems, lighting & emergency lighting, vertical transportation, small power, voice / data, cable containment, fire alarm, security, lightning protection, earthing & bonding, hazardous areas and specialist control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of all applicable electrical engineering codes, standards and acceptable industry practices.
- Commercially aware and have ability to undertake value engineering activities and implement new technologies where they are implemented to provide costs effective solutions for our clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Have a strong working knowledge of carrying out short circuit calculations, load flow and discrimination studies utilising proprietary modelling software (Amtech / SKM).
- Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
We look forward to hearing from you.