A challenging yet rewarding role within the department to contribute to the delivery, execution of services and development of our building services offering with clients and their complex projects. Predominantly office based with some site involvement and occasional inter-company interaction throughout PM Group.
- Carry out site condition surveys and produce feasibility reports with budget cost estimates for the building services elements of the work.
- Carry out conceptual and detailed design with calculations for building services systems.
- Produce engineering specifications and report writing.
- Site attendance at project meetings. Inspection of installations, commissioning and witnessing activities, trials, factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Able to reside on a construction site for short periods as required for construction assistance.
- Self-manage own workload and liaise with CAD and other PM departments to ensure delivery commitments are met. Able to work across UK and other PM offices on a Multi Office Execution basis as needed.
- Quality control, H&S and document management in line with PM policies and systems.
- You will report directly to the Head of Building Services and carry out the full range of professional tasks and services to meet client requirements to the highest standards.
- All works will be in full compliance with legislation, regulations and current Codes of Practice, within budget and to client driven timescales.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- A Degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience
- Preferably Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Status Membership of appropriate body e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE etc.
- Proven experience in the building services engineering profession, within a similar level of function and responsibility.
- Experience of projects in pharmaceutical, mission critical, food or industrial related sectors.
- Experience of energy conservation, sustainability and renewable technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of regulations, legislation, codes of practice and current design standards applicable to mechanical building services installations.
- Computer literacy skills with specific experience & working knowledge of software packages - IES (preferable), Hevacomp, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of BREEAM, LEED and related concepts desirable.
- Knowledge of BIM, Navisworks, MEP AutoCAD Revit very advantageous.
- A CSCS Card preferable.
- Display energy, enthusiasm and determination to achieve objectives and deliver solutions.
- Display effective organisation skills with an ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and expectations of clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate effective analysis techniques, problem resolution and solution delivery.