Due to additional workload, we have an additional requirement for an experienced BIM Coordinator. Reporting to the technical BIM Manager and VDC Manager for Northern Europe and assist in the implementation of Digital Technologies. You will manage the BIM Coordination of projects with a requirement to create 3D models using BIM authoring tools. You will be part of our Bornem team but will be located in Denmark.
- Assist with the preparation of tender proposals where necessary.
- Creation and Review of BIM Documents such as BIM Execution Plans etc.
- Lead Coordination Meetings between project stakeholders when needed.
- Co-ordination of services using the full Autodesk Suite along with Solibri etc.
- Development of Architectural/MEP Models in line with company and client requirements.
- Comply with both in house and client Design Procedures.
- Assist with the internal training of all employees.
- Assist Managers with the introduction of new technologies.
- Liaising with client representatives, project manager, site supervisors and with our own design team to bring clarity to the scope of deliverables.
- Development of models and reports in line with company and/or client requirements.
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets as required.
- Assist and manage the transition of historic files from 2D to 3D models.
- Assist in the auditing of submitted files from other vendors/owners.
- Manage the in-house drawing control and drawing schedules, ensuring we are up to date with drawing management.
- Assist in the implementation of 3D tools with our BIM technicians.
- Assist in the implementation of 4D tools with Project Teams.
- Assist in the implementation of 5D tools with our Estimation Team.
- Assist in the migration of files to BIM 360 Design/Documents.
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems. This to include marketing BIM capability as necessary to external clients/consultants. Championing the benefits of BIM internally to existing employees.
- Training and mentoring of staff on completion of training modules.
- Ensure continual improvement of an integrated management system, looking at new and future technologies.
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation.
- Operate to health + safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Company EHS, QA/QC policies and systems.
- Perform with respect to all client security protocols.
- Respectful to all, you interact with everybody. Helpful at all times.
- Coaching and Mentoring of BIM Technicians - monitoring workload and tasks.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in the follows areas:
- Problem solving and resolution of co-ordination and design roadblocks.
- Responsible for production of 3D Construction models from base information – PID’s, Scan of facility and Cloud data.
- Provision of construction detailing on the systems to enable the automatic production of isometrics and BIM.
- Clash management on all systems.
- Design and detailing of services support systems.
- Field surveying and verification along with the Site Ops team may be required.
- Development of 3D coordinated services and structure layouts for clash control.
- Co-ordinate installation of MEP services with other trades, ensuring QA/QC compliance.
- Development of systems and designs coordinated building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards.
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings if required.
- Production of 2D and 3D design drawings, prefabrication isometrics and details.
- Ability to evaluate and overcome tasks in a constructive and organized manner. Always remaining solution orientated.
- A team player - disruptive to the industry but not the team.
- Ability to work on own initiative - can always find the next task rather than waiting to be assigned one.