The Project Controls Engineer is responsible for supporting all activities related to cost and schedule management pertaining to Capital projects at the Singapore Biologics manufacturing facility. This includes standalone capital projects as well as projects forming part of several programs under the overall Capital projects portfolio.
- Use Microsoft Project to prepare overall baseline schedules comprising various phases i.e. Pre-concept/Concept Design; Basic Design; Detailed Design; Construction & Commissioning; Qualifications
- Coordinate planning sessions as necessary to formulate project activities and scheduling
- Set-up progress measurement/tracking for the various projects
- Coordinate with the various project leads and stakeholders so as to take a proactive approach in driving projects
- Generate look ahead schedules to relevant project team members
- Monitor critical paths and follow up accordingly with the relevant stakeholders
- Highlight to the various project leads and capital project manager of any scheduling issues or potential problems.
- Prepare and issue regular project reports including biweekly/monthly variance reports.
- Set up and maintain Staffing Plan for the various projects as appropriate.
- Work with the Capital Projects Manager and relevant project leads to develop control/baseline project budgets
- Project cost information should also be populated and reported through Microsoft Project
- Track and monitor projects as per baseline project budgets, highlighting variances.
- Interface with Finance department as appropriate to obtain and monitor ‘Actuals’ charged for projects
- Prepare/coordinate regular updates of actual hours worked on various projects by relevant resources
- Review budget allocation and forecast spend for various projects i.e. materials, subcontracts, etc.
- Consolidate purchase order and subcontract values for incorporation into the commitment / forecast
- Prepare and issue regular cost reports and highlight change orders accordingly
- Min. Degree holder in Engineering discipline with 8-12 years working experience in engineering/manufacturing
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Prior work experience in Manufacturing and Pharma/Biopharma industries is preferred
- Knowledge of costing and scheduling of capital projects
- Well versed in Excel, Microsoft Word, Power point
- Good communicator
- Able to work under Pressure and tight deadlines.