We are hiring a Project Manager!
This role is at a Director or Assoc. Project Director level and has operative leadership of the project.
The Project Manager is assigned to specific growth investment projects and is responsible for planning, managing and executing CGT growth investment projects. This includes the co-ordination of activities at CGT global EU/Asia sites and involving multiple parties, whilst providing leadership to the project teams.
- Working as a seconded PM Group resource in a client-led team.
- Working alongside existing client engineers, managers, and directors.
- Delivery of project goals in terms of cost, time, functionality and according to client expectations.
- Total project budget responsibility of ~20 MCHF total over 1-2 years
- Responsible for the maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all project managers and teams comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Establish project charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant project champion to support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project organization and developing full-scale project
- Plans and associated communication documents.
- Securing optimal flow of information within project organization and at interfaces with project champion/project steering committee as well as any other relevant stakeholders within either the wider CGT/BS SGIE team and/or the wider Tech Ops community.
- Creating, executing and updating project work plans as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements.
- Reporting regularly in writing, including project progress reports. Includes both internal to internal stakeholders as well as stakeholders with the external customer.
- Identifying and recommending the internal and / or external resources to reach the project goals and managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects.
- Identifying and managing project dependencies and mapping the critical path.
- Leveraging best practices and tools for project management and execution in a fast-paced generic product development environment.
- Establishing the project team/ structure necessary to reach the project goals and ensures appropriate coaching/development/performance feedback to all direct reports in order to develop a strong and competent team.
- Ensuring compliance with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BSc or MSc in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, process, pharmaceutical, biochemical engineering or equivalent) or long time and in-depth project management or operational experience.
- Extensive experience (15 years) in project engineering and project management for CGT, pharmaceutical industries or facility layout and optimization or equivalent.
- Vast experience and expertise in the field of site/ facility/ process and utility functionality, setup and layout.
- Knowledge of current technology in the field of CGT (Cell & Gene Therapy), building, building technology, Aseptic processes, automation and utility technologies.
- International experience strongly desired.
- Experience in cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of project initiations and successfully transitioning into project execution.
- Excellent command of English and French.
- Strong leader, motivating team player, drives results, excellent communication skills and experience in managing matrix-based cross-functional teams.
- Prepared and flexible to travel (~20%).