PM Group is an international project delivery company operating across Europe, the USA and Asia. We have 47 years track record in project management, process design, facility design and construction management for leading multinational companies. We are world leaders in the pharmaceutical, food, mission critical, medtech, advanced manufacturing and energy sectors.
Our Client, a leading pharma and medical device company, is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for a contract role based in Waterford.
The Manufacturing Engineer will act as an advocate for continuous improvement activities using statistical techniques, Lean manufacturing tools, Six Sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and cost savings. They will take the lead in troubleshooting on equipment while providing Coaching and Mentoring to other engineering staff and serve as a resource to other engineering disciplines in facility.
The successful candidate will have a prime role with respect to equipment and process safety ensuring company standards are met or exceeded at all times.
- Oversee the process optimisation of production lines
- Identify ways to improve production output
- Utilise Lean Manufacturing tools
- Develop and improve planned maintenance regimes
- Improve fault diagnosis skills within engineering
- Support improvement projects on manufacturing equipment
- Upgrade existing equipment to improve Quality, Throughput , Workflow, Yield
- Support change control
- Be aware of impact of new products on manufacturing equipment
- Be aware of quality elements of new products and assess their impact on current manufacturing processes equipment
- Engineering degree with 3-5 years' experience in a MedTech production environment
- Demonstration of sound methodology in fault-finding techniques
- Experience in process transfer or large project roles in medical device environment
- Previous experience in engineering support roles in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Equipment and process safety aspect to EU standards
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong Leadership abilities, with a mentoring approach to team building, training and project leadership e
- Good communication and reporting skills both verbal and written
- Results orientated, attention to detail