The maintenance planner and scheduler is responsible for technically planning, scheduling and overseeing all aspects of maintenance activities within their area of responsibility.
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues
- Plan and document how work is to be completed
- Ensure spare parts are available
- Co-ordinate the various crafts and vendors to perform the activities to the highest standard
- Ensure all preventive maintenance activities are completed as scheduled by the CMMS
- Ensure all work is documented appropriately
- Attend meetings to ensure maintenance activities are appropriately scheduled
- Be the technical adviser for area of responsibility and escalate issues appropriately
- Investigate failures and propose solutions to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure all work is completed in a safe, timely and compliant manner.
- The role may from time to time require the planner to operate in an "offline" capacity working on maintenance business process improvements or monitoring
- Assist in the development, implementation and day to day operation of the site Maintenance system.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, schedule and coordinate the Work Scheduling process to ensure site specific targets on maintenance backlog management are achieved.
- Plan PM & CM work orders by visiting job sites, booking/ordering materials, writing task lists, performing risk assessments etc. working closely with contract providers to plan work requests.
- Continue to develop the PPM (Planned and Predictive Maintenance) system including writing job plans and assigning maintenance frequencies.
- Liaise with the Reliability Engineer on implementation of the predictive maintenance (PdM) program.
- Operation and execution of the Planning and Preventative Maintenance (PPM) Change Control System.
- Review incoming work requests to ensure data accuracy, correct work type and to manage CM (Corrective Maintenance) Backlogs.
- Plan, estimate, and assist in the coordination all aspects of maintenance and project activities associated with the Maintenance Shutdowns
- Support the development of the equipment annual review and support the team in the development of periodic OOT trend report.
- Support the implementation maintenance best practice methodologies/technologies including Lean Six Sigma (LSS) processes e.g. creation of standard work for routine maintenance activities.
- Liaise with Reliability Engineers on criticality assessments in developing new maintenance strategies/plans for new assets
- Engineering qualification or relevant experience
- 2-3 years' Maintenance Planning experience
- Experience of a CMMS system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent team-working skills