We now wish to recruit Senior Project Engineer for a BioPharma in Cork. The Project Engineer is responsible for the delivery of projects from concept through to handover, including initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure. PE co-ordinates the Engineering Design, Construction, Commissioning and Qualification activities on EPCV projects varying in size and scope. The Project Engineer will be working as part of a multidiscipline project engineering team delivering projects on site. Previous Project Management / Engineering experience in the Pharmaceutical/ Biotechnology industry is essential
- Manages Project from Conception through to handover.
- Accountable for the generation of project scopes, estimates, schedules etc
- Holds weekly project co-ordination meetings.
- Co-ordinates activities of the engineering and design groups within the project team and identifies when specialist services may be required.
- Co-ordinate and direct the preparation of Project Controls data, i.e. Schedules, Budgets and Resourcing Plans for the Design and Constructions project Phases.
- Review progress and man-hour forecasts to enable corrective action decision making.
- Client liaison, attendance at project meetings etc
- Plans, schedules and oversees execution of the project
- Delivers regular progress reports which present a concise, accurate status of the project, ensuring a consistent status is communicated up to the overall programme
- Build effective communication between the team, clients and stakeholders
- Communicate project issues to the team and follow-up with the right skill sets to put best solutions in place on time and within budget
- Reporting to management on project / schedule / cost issues
- Ensure adherence to the client's quality and engineering standards
- Develop & implement appropriate project execution strategy
- 7 + years project experience with a 3rd level degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Pharmaceutical / BioPharma Projects experience
- Full lifecycle Project Management
- Cost Control
- Scheduling and achieving schedules
- Delivery of projects within a GMP environment
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards