We are currently hiring for a top calibre Construction Site Health and Safety Manager. This role is for a large-scale construction project based in Poland. Reporting to the Site Construction Manager and Manager of Group Construction Health & Safety Services, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a project-specific Construction Health & Safety programme to deliver best in class performance.
The role can be filled on a contract or permanent basis (can be discussed at interview stage).
- Develop, promote and maintain a strong, pro-active health & safety culture on the project
- Ensure full compliance with local and national Health and Safety legislation pertaining to the project construction phase
- Develop project-specific health & safety strategies, programmes and plans in partnership with Group Construction Health and Safety
- Implement the Group’s behavioural based safety programme
- Co-ordinate construction health and safety programme elements addressing site access, security, project induction, first aid, welfare and emergency arrangements
- Co-ordinate and manage on-site construction health and safety resources
- Communicate and co-ordinate the adoption of industry best practices in health and safety on the project
- Establish a process of active health and safety monitoring through audits and inspections of site conditions and contractor activities
- Monitor and report on health and safety performance and challenges using predefined leading and lagging health and safety performance indicators
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of health and safety programmes and initiatives designed to continually improve performance
- Support the Project’s Construction Manager in the execution of health and safety related statutory duties
- Co-ordinate the investigation of incidents, ensuring root cause analysis is completed and corrective actions are implemented
- Influence employee work practices through dialogue, relationship building and behavioural safety coaching
- Co-ordinate the development and delivery of safety training, workshops and awareness briefings in consultation with the site construction management team
- Maintain compliance with the company’s OHSAS18001 accredited safety management system.
- Primary Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent, in conjunction with a recognised Diploma in the Occupational Health and Safety
- Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
- An advanced knowledge of construction health and safety principles with proven technical skills in occupational safety and health disciplines with a minimum 10 years’ experience in a related role
- Experience and proven capabilities in developing and implementing world class health and safety management systems in a construction projects environment
- Experience in developing and implementing behavioural safety programmes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong influencing and negotiation skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at management and operator levels within a project organization
- Proficient in the use of MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook