We are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer Deputy Department Manager for our Fremont office. The Senior Electrical Engineer / Deputy Department Manager position is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from the taking of a client brief through proposal preparation and project execution. Leadership is an important part of this role. The ability to motivate and mentor others in a dynamic growing office environment is required.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of the management team of our SF Bay Area operation. Proven design excellence experience in complex (life sciences/ bio-pharma / pharmaceutical) facilities is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Carry out conceptual design studies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers.
- Support Leading the Electrical Department including technical leadership and mentoring of the team including graduates.
Electrical Engineering Responsibilities:
- Feasibility, outline and detailed electrical design work including:
- Functional Design Specifications
- Electrical Scope/Specification documents
- Plant/equipment datasheets
- Load schedules
- I/O schedules
- Power/ICA cable schedules
- Electrical calculations
- Electrical drawings
- Single line diagrams
- Routing and cabling containment designs
- General engineering design
- Site visits and data collection
- Assisting with delivering design and general engineering projects.
- Assisting with bids and proposal documents as required to support the Electrical Department Manager or Bid Manager as appropriate.
- Technical checking of the team’s work.
- Technical management of electrical vendors and sub-contractors.
- Provide project team leadership.
- Ensuring project deliverables comply with appropriate design codes and legislation.
Deputy Department Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and allocation of resources.
- Recruitment and development of resources – graduate recruitment and training, internal training, performance appraisals, etc.
- Improve the efficiency of the department’s work processes.
- Maintain quality standards within the Department.
- Support and drive innovation within the Electrical Department to ensure PM Group remains to the fore in engineering design.
- Support Electrical Engineering related business improvements.
- Support the development of the Electrical Engineering Delivery Platform along with supporting the Electrical Community within PM Group.
- Deputize for Department Manager during periods of absence.
- Minimum of 10years design experience with at least 5 years in a Lead role.Broad experience in interdisciplinary coordination on projects preferably in the biopharma sector.
- Excellent communication & people skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Self-starter and decision maker.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree with relevant experience).
- Masters in Engineering Management or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) by exam in California.
- Demonstrated capability in electrical engineering design.
- Experience across a range of PM Group’s industry sectors would be an advantage.
All CV’s are treated in the strictest confidence
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY