We are looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer for our Burlington office in Massachusetts.
The Senior Process Engineer is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from initial client meetings through proposal preparation and project execution. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join the PM Group team out of our Burlington, MA office. Our Office is currently executing leading edge projects for Cell & Gene, mABs and Oligonucleotide processes for both local and international clients.
- Ability to lead designs from feasibility and concept stage, including presentation of process options to our clients and optimization of the selected design.
- Carry out detailed engineering: preparation of process / clean utility calculations, drawings, reports, etc., directly and through supervision of other engineers.
- Strong understanding of GMP facility requirements: GMP material and personnel flows, clean room design requirements, compendial water requirements, impacts of open versus closed processing, etc.
- Experience making decisions and resolving process design problems typical to biopharmaceutical projects: selecting optimum Water for Injection generation & distribution philosophies, determining design case for flexible GMP single use facilities, developing process and clean utility expansion strategies for facility growth, etc.
- Liaise and coordinate with PM Groups different disciplines and offices as well as external consultants.
- PFD and P&ID development for typical biopharmaceutical process unit operations (bioreactors, chromatography, fill finish, etc.).
- Clean utility system design – generation and distribution of purified water, WFI, clean steam and process gases.
- Process equipment design and specification for both stainless steel and single use equipment.
- Present PM Group’s process engineering capability to potential clients in support of proposals.
- Travel as required for design workshops, HAZOPs, GMP review, etc.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree with relevant experience).
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) by exam in Massachusetts – preferred.
- 10+ years professional experience as a process engineer with experience in the design of biopharmaceutical facilities – required.
- Clear, positive and collaborative oral and written communication skills with clients and team members.
- Self-motivated and self-organized professional looking to lead designs and make an impact in the life science industries.
- Ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams with a reliable, consistent and mature approach to work.
All CV’s are treated in the strictest confidence.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.